It was a very interesting and enriching experience.
As for now, Dark Fader will take a little break and Roald and Peer will follow some other projects.
Keep in touch.
After more than one year of pure hardware and software development, Dark Fader has rehearsed again. Peer does now also have a glove. The new creative possibilities offered by the revised configurations need to be mastered a bit more, so we have cancelled our participation to #BEM16 and have rather focused on preparing the concerts taking place in 2017. A new rehearsing session is coming soon.
Given the few updates on this blog for more than one year, the reader (you) might wonder if Dark Fader still exists. Good question. Yes, Dark Fader still lives but during all this time most action took place behind the scenes. Each of us has worked very hard to seriously upgrade his setup. We have been busy designing, developing, testing and again designing, developing and testing, both hardware and software. All of this to improve reliability, flexibility, gesture control, sound quality, etc. It’s been a lot of work with electronics, textile, Max, gen~, Arduino, and even C programming. This is a long, long process which is not finished yet. However we hope and do whatever we can to reach a stable situation at the summer’s end.
We are very happy to re-take our rehearsals in October this year and if everything works as expected we have some fantastic new plans for the upcoming months.
So keep in touch and meanwhile enjoy our latest work of art which we think is very beautiful.
We have spent a great week in Hamburg at Milchkettenmusik, composing a soundtrack for a short movie, which has a completely different style than the previous videos we worked on. We’ll finish this music during the next rehearsing session in july. Of course we will let you watch it as soon as possible. Stay tuned.
After a long period of individual improvements of our setups, we rehearsed again during the past week. It’s the first time we came together in Germany – also thanks to Matthias of Milchkettenmusik who provided his place and some of his equipment to us.
After having solved some technical problems we had a very inspired week and we are happy with the result of this intensive period.
During our april-rehearsing-session we decided to set some film extracts to music.
The result can be seen and heard by the end of the year on our blog.
So keep on following us.
We will also go on to improve our gesture control to be more flexible during improvisations.
All this is very thrilling and we are looking forward to the upcoming months.